The purpose of City Life is to help young people develop attitudes and behavior patterns that allow them to function more constructively in society. The City Life program emphasizes the following:
- Teaching basic life skills.
- Providing an opportunity for a relationship with a caring adult role model.
- Promoting and developing positive self-image through Jesus Christ.
- Creating opportunities for positive peer group experiences.
- Sharing the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. While all of the Youth for Christ ministries share the same purpose, they meet and interact with students in different areas. City Life meets students in their neighborhood or small community.
Amanda Paeglow is currently coming on staff. If you are interesting in supporting the Albany City Life ministry please visit donate and specify Albany City Life in the location.
Stay tuned for more information.
City Life is an effective ministry model to transform the lives of urban youth, their families and the communities that they live in. The City Life model provides a strategic way to pursue every young person in urban communities all over the USA.
At Schenectady City Life, our focus is to generate and continually build relationships with inner city youth. During this relationship building, our main goal is to help youth begin a new, or strengthen an already existing relationship with Jesus Christ. Once this occurs, we would like to get these youth involved in church in order to grow in their relationship with Jesus. Schenectady City Life wants to produce leaders in our program, leaders in school, and leaders in the community!
Currently there are two ministries that Schenectady City Life has. The first is called The Jumpoff and the second is called City Life Club. The Jumpoff is for 6th-12th graders (Tues 6-730pm) and City life Club is for 1st-5th graders (Wed 230-4pm). Both of these programs begin with free time where the children are free to play sports, play board, games, draw and color, as well as other activities. After free time, there is a time that we all come together and one of the leaders will share a message from the Bible. After the message, then there is an all-inclusive game such as kickball. After the group game, children are dismissed and the program is over.